Tuesday, September 9, 2014

Ducks, Date Night, and Domestic Abuse

With the start of school this past week we decided to revert back to our childish ways to celebrate. And there is nothing that says "Hey look I'm 5!" like feeding the ducks on campus. Luckily we had some left over hot dog buns to spare so we made a trip over to the duck pond. We were originally sitting on the bottom bench of the amphitheater when Ben had the great idea to move up a few rows, just in case the ducks got close. So Ben took the first chunk of bread and chucked it at a nearby duck. Apparently bread makes a sound when it hits the grass because about 7 ducks turned their head when he threw it started to waddle towards us. Then they all started to invade. They were dropping poop bombs like crazy as they infested the feeding ground. But don't worry we warded them off with crumbs of bread. Only then did I look up to the sidewalk where this girl was standing there, just beaming. I'm pretty sure we made her day. :)


Only after feeding the ducks did we realize how fun it was to be 5 again so we decided to continue to live in the past. For date night we colored from a Star Wars coloring book and built a blanket fort! Oh my gosh is was my favorite. It was an improved coloring experience because both of us can now color in the lines. The drawing even made it to our fridge where it'll probably stay for a while. And the blanket fort lasted two days. It would have lasted longer except our bishopric decided to come for a visit and we decided to destroy the thing. But it was great for when we needed it to watch Doctor Who and eat popcorn. Maybe I did homework in it the next day. Maybe it was the best experience of my life. Why do adult choose to grow up again? 


Now don't forget the domestic abuse! Ok not really but it made for a good alliteration for the title. But really Ben is HiLaRiOuS  when he sleeps. We always try to pray before I go to work at night but we forgot on Sunday. So he told me to just wake him up when I got home (at 2 am) and we (I) would pray. Well I snuck into our room that night and tried to gently wake him. The next think I knew he was flailing and yelling "No! What?! No!" Luckily I had taken a step back because he starting slapping the air around him. I couldn't help but laugh as he was still trying to process what was going on. I'd hate to have an intruder come in at night because they might get slapped to death. But I guess as pay back for scaring him he head butted me in the night in his sleep. It's all fair I guess. :) 

It's been nothing but fun this week. I even tried making some homemade bread in a bread machine  and then I made bread dough in our fancy blender. Both turned out so good that we even took some to our neighbor and got to know him. We even invited him to our ward luau this week. We're just lovin' life and spreading the joy. We love you all!!

1 comment: